Monday, May 24, 2010

Departure Day

Monday May 24th, 2010

Location: Spokane, WA

It has been a pleasant and relaxing with the family again in Spokane but I couldn't be more excited to be kicking in my nomadic nature once more. This trip has a lot of personal significance for my current situation and I couldn't think of anything that I would rather be doing.

I should really be packing up the A.T.T. (All Terrain Trailer) as Kyle deemed it in the mountains of Idaho while we were crushing some gnarly terrain but I felt this quick post was a necessity before I take off.

A week from today I will be at the Gorge getting ready to enjoy the last and final day of the Sasquatch! Festival. I am really more excited for this aspect of the journey more than any other part but we will see how it all manifests itself. I am giving myself plenty of time to make it to the middle of the state by this weekend.

This time away from my new home in Maple Falls has been a necessary change of pace from what was a very crazy winter. Its not that things have calmed down in my life but the purpose of my existence was called out of the woods and back onto the road. If anything I would say I am trying to constantly strive for something more intense and gratifying to my conscious mind. At the same time I am truly looking to make positive interaction with the majority of people I come in contact with and not just the formalities. I want to learn and experience new things that are beyond a mundane perspective. I desire to be frightened by the enormity of life's offering and then bask in the glory that is just being. This is getting a little existential so I will move on.

I am leaving today in an hour or so and heading NW up to Long Lake and Nine Mile Falls. Don't really have a concrete plan because that is not how I roll. Thanks for reading people and I got nothing but love for all of you. To all my friends who are going to the Festival, bring your A-Game people, this is gonna be the best Squatch yet.

I want to extend my love to my Parents for always believing in me no matter how crazy I seem, my elder brother Kyle who has helped me along all through life and being a great compatriot for the Idaho Panhandle tour,  my lil' bro T.A. for reminding me what it means to mature while never losing a childlike mind and my lil' sister Kat who never ceases to amaze me with her constant brilliance. You all inspire me so much and have been shining lights along my path.

It wont be long again before I post again but until then. Learn, Love & Live.

sincerely,

T.E.

No comments: