Thursday, May 13, 2010

Preperation

Thursday, May 13th, 2010

Tomorrow my brother & I will depart for a 10 day/9 night cycle tour through the wilderness of the Idaho Panhandle. Many lakes will jumped in and good times will indubitably be found. Then after arriving back to Spokane and reconvening with my amazing family for a weekend or so I will depart on a cross state venture to my current home in Maple Falls, WA. The most important detour on this route will be during Memorial Day Weekend at the Sasquatch Festival @ the Gorge near George, WA. This will be my 8th year attending the festival and I couldn't be more excited.

I just wanted to make this quick post to let people know about my intentions to always & consistently culminate my existence by having a good time all the time. Life's adventure has had so much to offer lately and I couldn't be more pleased with what is in store. But I always remember to try and appreciate my current place the most I can.

I have spent the last week or so watching my younger siblings, Trevor & Katharine (ages 12 & 10 respectively) with my elder brother Kyle. It has been the most significant time we have all spent together since we were all young and I have appreciated it greatly. It worked out nicely, getting laid off from the Mountain and having the month of May to reconnect with my immediate family. My parents have been sailing in the BVI (tough life I know) but we have had the chance to catch up as well and they are doing well. I wanted to sincerely express my heartfelt compassion for the amazing home that I was raised in because it has helped me become the man I am today.

However as an educated person and a nomadic free spirit I feel that I must abandon my roots and previous identity to find my purpose in this world. I biked over 2000 miles last summer in search of that purpose and while it was an ultimately enlightening experience I can't tell you what I found because honestly I don't know. This purpose that I am looking for cannot be found by looking for it but it must be an organic natural feeling that manifests itself. I am happy were with who I am but constantly striving for something else.

Thank you to whoever still reads this blog, its just good to release some of my thoughts and aspirations onto the world wide web. Please tell your friends and family if you think they would interested. I will hopefully be posting every couple days to let you know how the adventure goes. Until then continue learning, loving & living.

sincerely,

T.E.


p.s. the picture is of a rainbow (duh) from my parents neighborhood in Spokane.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's the life...