Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Wild Hunt

Wednesday, May 26th, 2010

Location: Coulee City, WA

I have named this post "The Wild Hunt" because I have been listening to an album and song of the same name by a man who calls himself The Tallest Man on Earth a lot lately. He writes beautiful melodic acoustic songs that really inspire me and fit my nomadic lifestyle currently. He also happens to be performing at Sasquatch this year, if you haven't heard of him I highly suggest you give it a try. It also is fitting to my search for my purpose through crazy natural adventuring.

So three days in and honestly I am almost there, which is a relieving feeling. The first day I got a little caught up in downtown Spokane and didn't really leave town till the afternoon, but it was enjoyable spending time in what use to be my home town. I have really grown an appreciation for that place since I have moved away and periodically come back to visit. I ended up at Nine Mile Falls that evening near the end of the Centennial Trail. I camped far back in the woods so as that no one would find me because I wanted privacy and I wasn't going to shell out over $ 20 for the campsite. It was a relaxing evening spent playing guitar and reading.

The next morning greeted me with an intense hill that must have been an 8% grade for at least a mile or two, it indubitably got me sweating and then some. It was not that bad for most the ride from then on in until I started the decent into Hawk Creek next to Lake Roosevelt off the Columbia Plateau. The unpaved road had recently had a plethora of gravel added to it and my downhill ride was uncomfortable and sketchy. When I arrived I found that Hawk Creek Campground was closed due to recent paving (ironic how there is no pavement when I want it and now there is Pavement where I don't want it) but all the same I camped there and just avoided touching the new black top. It was a very scenic place with a waterfall and open air. My camera battery was dead so sorry no pictures.

Today was a great day, the clouds rolled in and gave me some rain this morning. I really enjoy biking in the light rain, it makes for a very enjoyable experience and you can smell the earth coming alive. There was a hard hill again at the beginning of the day to get back up to the plateau but nothing I couldn't handle, slowly mind you. Once I reached Highway 2 it was just cruising. I ate a delicious lunch in Wilbur, WA and then continued on Coulee City my current location. I am just chilling in the Library and taking it easy, still don't know where I am sleeping tonight, the camp ground I was planning hitting up on the way in looked way to full of R.V.s for me to enjoy. Thinking about just hitting up the local watering hole and making some friends. We'll just have to wait and see.

Again thanks for all the continued support from people on the road, family, friends and anybody who happens to read this because know it or not you reading my thoughts and actions connects us somehow. Until next time you guys know what to do. Live, Learn, Love.

sincerely,

T.E.

ps. there would be pictures but my computer and camera are having some relationship issues right now, hope to add them soon!!!

No comments: