Wednesday, August 12, 2009

O O I want to know, where does the time go

(picture below is a tree on the Coast by Carmel)


Day 43

Miles Traveled Since Last Blog: 260

Miles Traveled Total: 1756

So it has been one of the longest breaks between blogs and I apologize to my followers if you were pining for another post or worried about me (although I doubt any of those is a reality). It really has just been alot of time on the road and enjoying the ride that has distracted me from getting on my computer and updating. But here I am in Santa Barbara just chilling out having some coffee and making a post.



It has been quite the adventure since my day off in Monterey and the central California Coast has been beautiful. I had a great day off visiting the Aquarium and even though it was rather crowded it was a worth while experience. I got some great pictures (See above) and relived some good memories of visiting there during my youth.

(A bridge at the beginning of the Big Sur Coast)
From Monterey, I went south (duh!!) to Big Sur which is some great tough terrain along Highway 1 the winds its way up and down the coast. I stayed the next night at Pfieffer State Park in an unexpected grove of Redwoods (I thought I had seen the last of them a while back). Then the next day made it to foggy Plaskett Creek. It was a great time and met some awesome locals and enjoyed the laid back feeling, remote feeling of the area.
(A cool photogenic vulture I saw perched above a big cliff)


From Big Sur I made it San Simeon. It was a good days ride full of interesting things to see along the coast including Elephant Seals and a crazy section where I rose above the fog (both pictured above). I went to sleep really early that night due to being exhausted from riding some really big hills that day and the weather being bad. The next day I had to pleasure of making it to Santa Maria/Orcutt & the house of some of my parents old friends Bob & Linda Burrow. They were very gracious hosts (along with their dogs Buda , Chico & their son Sean), it was nice to have a place to stay and catch up. Thanks for having me!!! Pictured below is me with Linda and Buda the bulldog.


Last night I made it down to Refugio Beach which had one of the nicest Hiker/Biker sites right on the beach and was a great place to spend some time just relaxing. (pictured below is the beach) Like I mentioned I am currently in Santa Barbara just updating my blog and trying to contact people to stay with in the LA area since there aren't many campgrounds around that Megalopolis.

The trip has really gone by all to fast, hence the title of this blog eluding to a Grateful Dead tune and I am going to be sad when its over. I still haven't really figured out what I am going to do afterward, just playing the cards as they are dealt. Not really worried about it though, things usually work out how they should.

here's some stuff I collected one day, not a ton but its something.

Keep on keeping on.

-TE

(saw this and couldn't help taking a pic and thought it deserved to be on the blog as well)


1 comment:

JSL said...

Walk out of any doorway
feel your way, feel your way
like the day before
Maybe you'll find direction
around some corner
where it's been waiting to meet you
From "Box of Rain"
Another good post. Keep 'em coming. Got an updated total from WWU and you're at ~$1500. Ride safe!