Thursday, August 20, 2009

Relaxing in SoCal


(Huntington Beach Sunset)


Day 51

Miles Traveled Since Last Blog: 75

Miles Traveled Total: 1941

So I have been taking by far my longest and indubitably relaxing break on the Bolboa Peninsula in Newport Beach, CA with my God Family. It has been a lot of fun to just relax in this amazing place with some people that I love.

There really isn't that much to update on but I felt like I haven't blogged for a long time and I found some spare time to put up another post. My trip feels like its on hiatus even though I haven't finished. I am so close to finishing my journey but I guess I am somewhat delaying concluding what has been one of the best times of my life.

(on the way to Down Town L.A.)

(boardwalk along Hermosa Beach)

Riding out from Highland Park I went through Chinatown and Downtown L.A. Again I was surprised at the friendliness of the riding territory and clarity of the air for a place that has such a bad reputation. I went along Venice Blvd. back to ocean and followed that all the way to my current location. A mix up over my place to stay in Hunnington Beach lead me to come here a little earlier than expected but I am not concerned since my time here has been so nice.


I have been spending alot of time with my God Brother Chris Cole and we took out a little electric boat on Newport Harbor with some of his friends (we hit up a waterslide & saw a bunch of sea lions pictured above). I have also been skim boarding, went to the movies and just had a great time getting to know this unique little area of Orange County. It has been a well deserved amazing break.

Mara my God Mom has a little cottage on the beach south of here between Newport and Laguna and I think that we are going ride down to stay there tomorrow and I will start heading south from there on Saturday.

Thanks for all the continued support and hope everyone is enjoying the last bits of summer.

-TE

(pictured below is the ferris wheel on Balboa Peninsula)

No comments: