Monday, July 20, 2009

Almost out of Oregon

Miles Traveled Since Last Blog: 85

Miles Traveled Total: 835

Yet again this amazing state never fails to impress me with its continuing beauteous seaside and amazing scenery. I have really enjoyed my time in Oregon and I will be somewhat sentimental to put it behind me yesterday when I enter the ever daunting California which will consist of over half of my journey.


After the posting in Coos Bay I went onto the poorly named Sunset Bay State Park only because it was cloudy and no sunset was to be found. I think I passed out before it got dark, so much time in the saddle can be exhausting. Yesterday brought a nice ride with some great tailwinds to push me along. I rode through Bandon and Port Orford both great little towns with coastal character. I got a flat briefly on my front tire sometime around midday but swapped out tubes quickly and moved on.

Last night I was at Humbug Mtn. State Park and it was a great site with nice hot showers and a good hiker/biker area. Spent the evening down at the beach taking a phenomenal sunset that was long overdue (pictured above). Today has been nice so far a little windy and the clouds have been off and on. I'm in Gold Beach currently at a nice book store/ coffee place. I am putting off a big hill that I know comes after this town but alas I will climb it when it comes. Picture of the Rogue River below and a bridge I just crossed


Thats kinda been the motto I have been keeping thus far on the trip. Whatever happens, happens and I will deal with it as it comes. A "Play the Cards as they are Dealt" strategy if you will. Its worked so far and I have no regrets or disappointments.

Heres the Trash from yesterday, the white bag is FULL of cans.



I'm hopefully camping just north of Brookings tonight at Harris Beach which is just a mere 6 or 7 miles from the border to California. I am totally ecstatic to see the Redwoods and spend some time in San Fransisco and other cool Northern California towns.

Well thats all for now. Thanks for all the continuing support from friends, family and everybody.

-TE

No comments: