Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Back to the Beach

Day 15

Miles Traveled Since Last Blog: 115

Miles Traveled Total: 630

In Lincoln City, Oregon Currently and the weather is being a little crazy. Maybe its common that its really foggy right along the coast and really nice just a little bit inland but that seems crazy to me. O yeah and its really windy, which made for interesting biking.

Getting out of Portland was an interesting experience with some intense climbs, two of mention Taylors Ferry Rd. and Meadow Lake Rd. Camped out in the Nestucca River Valley last night and it was nice. Got a little backtracked today into Pacific City, an Oregon Coast Bike Route Sign threw me off. But I ate lunch on the beach and turned around. Its good to be back by the ocean, the sea is a companion along this trip always guarding my port side. After another intense climb over Cascade Head with barely any shoulder for biking and me thinking I might die I made it here to Lincoln City and Devils Lake State Park my home for the night.

This town is nice, I am at a place called Aunt Mary's that makes some delicious food, I had a Grilled Cheese Sandwich that had Pineapple on it that was sauteed in Garlic, mmm (it may sound weird but it sure cured my hunger). I had hope to catch a nice sunset here but I think the fog may rob me of it.

I heard that an article in the Western Front was published on my ride this week from the friends. I put a link to it on the links section of the blog on the right hand side check it out.

Tomorrow further south onto Newport and beyond. Thanks all for the continued support and feel free to comment on anything, or send me an email or call, whatever, its nice to keep in touch with friends, family and any body else who is reading this!!!

My camera is being a little funky uploading pictures so I hopefully will get some up here soon.

sincerely,

-TE

No comments: