Friday, July 3, 2009

Chuckanut to Pt. Townsend

Day 3
Miles Traveled Since Last Blog: 60
Miles Traveled Total: 110

I'm in unfamiliar territory and I like it. Current Location is Port Townsend , a really awesome place so far, and I am feeling awesome. The trip has been really enjoyable so far and I'm really excited to make a post.

It was a nice last night in Bellingham. Thank you to all my friends who gave supported me over the last couple months and giving me well wishing during the trip. I will miss you all dearly and please do keep in touch.

Riding south out of the City of Subdued Excitement for who knows how long was somewhat sad but all the same very exciting. I stopped at Larabee State Park/ Clayton Beach off Chuckanut one last time. That could possibly be one of my favorite places I've ever been to, lets see if I can find a better one on this adventure.



After Chuckanut I worked my way across Skagit County. I stopped at the Longhorn Saloon in Edison for lunch, might I recommend the Oyster Burger. Going south from there found a really cool bike trail along Padilla Bay. It was a little steep going on Highway 20 south twoards Whidbey but I made it up to Deception Pass.


I camped at Deception Pass State Park on the north end of Whidbey Island. I caught a magnificent sunset (the first on many I'm sure). Then I got a decent nights sleep in my JakPak. This is the first time mentioning it but this company is letting my field test on of their units for my trip and I am putting out the good word for them. Basically its a jacket that holds a sleeping bag and a bivvy tent system, check out their website for more info. Thanks to Jeremy from JakPak for helping me with this.

Today was a great a great ride too. I only rode around 30 miles all along Whidbey Island, then caught the Ferry to Pt. Townsend. This place seems like the coolest little town in Washington that I have been to for a while. I regret not coming here sooner. Tonight there is an concert out at Fort Worden State Park, were I hope to stay. Its the Festival of American Fiddle Tunes and tonight there is Cajun Music with Accordions. Could it get better than this I really don't think so.

Heres the trash I got from this portion.


All my love to my family and friends who are offering their constant support. Thanks so much for everything. Hope everyone has a great Independence Day Tomorrow. See yah on the road somewhere.

-TE

No comments: