Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another state down, Almost half done & some really big Trees



Miles Traveled Since Last Blog: 90

Miles Traveled Total: 925

So I made it through Oregon with little to no problems and it was quite the enjoyable experience. I am enjoying California thus far and I only have a lot more to look forward to.

Ended up camping north of Brookings like planned at Harris Beach State Park (pictured above), a very nice spot indeed. Camped with some girls from Tacoma and those British blokes again. Had a little trouble with one of my shifters but got it fixed it Crescent City before I had to climb some of the biggest hills I have conquered thus far on the trip. Thanks to BackCountry Bicycles for helping me out with that.

The hills weren't as bad as I expected them to be but tough all the same. I made it through the Klamath Valley only to have to climb another hill but then it was all downhill through the Redwoods to Elk Prairie Campground my current resting place. Elk in the Prairie pictured below.


I decided to take a day off there since it was so nice and I was a little beat from climbing those hills and doing 70 plus miles yesterday. But all the same I went for a 12 mile hike to the coast today through the Redwoods that was phenemonal and then rode my bike into Orick which is were I am currently to make a blog post, which is what I'm doing... duh.

I'm moving on tomorrow to Eureka and hopefully couchsurfing with someone there for a night or two. I'm excited to check out that area and the rest of California in general, its been pretty nice so far.

Heres the trash from the last bit of Oregon and first of Cali.



The last Picture is of me and my gear next to one of the many Redwoods around this area.


Keep on keeping on.

-TE

No comments: