Thursday, July 9, 2009

On the Road Again

Day 9

Miles Traveled Since Last Blog: 150

Miles Traveled Total: 375

So I did finally get out of Forks, alive and without harm from vampires (just sopping wet from the rain). The bike store never opened but some ladies helped me out by going a couple miles down the road to a place that did have some extra tubes. Thank you ladies, you helped me out more than you know.

I had to do the ride from Forks again but I didn't mind that much. I made it to Kalaloch State Park on the coast Tuesday night and met up with Andrew again to share a site and a six pack. It was a nice place on the coast but it was not the best weather. Wednesday was nothing but a bunch of rain. Woke up and it was raining, went for a walk on the beach (rain), recycled my trash I from the day before (soaking wet), then biked up to Lake Quinalt (precipitating hard). Then a brief recess with Andrew and some other bikers at a nice little lunch stop. These fellow cycle adventures are awesome and I must mention them.

Deborah from Vancouver, WA is a fun lady that is biking from Seattle back home. Then Laurie and Ethel from the UK. They are some amazing experienced adventure cyclists that are riding from Vancouver BC to Florida!!! They have proven to be an amazing resource of bike help and great company. I probably wouldn't have made it as far as I did today without them riding with me or helping me out.

We all (excluding Andrew who had to make some more distance) camped at Rayonier a free campsite north of Humptulips. It finally stopped raining just after we got there. All of them helped me work on my bike and it is riding almost twice as efficiently (I'm no longer on the struggle bus). Thanks to Lauri and Ethel for the spare tire!!!

Today we rode from there an astonishing 70 + miles to Bay Center, my current location @ a KOA. Stopped in Hoquiam and picked up some new tires for my bike (should have done this before I left but all the same nows a good of time as any). It was nice to ride with some other people and not feel so alone out on the road. Thanks to you guys for the company you're awesome.

Tomorrow I push inland to the Columbia River and Portland, Oregon. I hope to get there on Saturday, maybe Sunday, for a couple days break. Sorry I haven't posted any pictures lately my camera is dead and I wont be able to recharge it until Portland when I get my charger sent there. O well, hopefully another video post soon.

Until then, hope all is well with all you followers out there.

-TE

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am curious with all the rain, how the JakPak did - were you able to stay warm/dry and out of the rough weather?

Christi said...

Hey, we are the "ladies" from Forks. Thanks for the note, we plan to follow your progress on your trip. Sunny in Forks today, hope you have sun too. Christi & Leith